BMS Support in Bemuse¶
Bemuse supports BMS, BME and BML, but some features are not supported. They are noted here.
- BGA is not supported yet.
- Free-zone not supported.
- Invisible objects not yet supported.
- Supports #LNTYPE 1 (RDM; loose BML) and #LNOBJ (RDM type 2; strict BML)
- Long notes are judged both at the start and at the end (2 judgments per long note, similar to O2Jam).
- Player must release the button at the end of long notes. Otherwise,
the end of long note will be missed.
- Exception: Player doesn’t have to stop spinning the turntable at the end of SCRATCH notes. If the player keeps spinning, player will get METICULOUS (Perfect) judgment.
As Bemuse is currently a single-player game, only #PLAYER 1 is supported.
- Bemuse does not support #RANK.
- Judgment timegate is described at `scoring and judgment`_ section.
- Bemuse judge notes per unit time.
Bemuse does not support #TOTAL.
- BMS charts with #DIFFICULTY 1-4 are treated as the same (non-insane).
- BMS charts with #DIFFICULTY 5 are treated as 発狂BMS (INSANE chart). In music selection screen, it is displayed in different color.
TITLE and SUBTITLE
- Supports implicit subtitles.
- Supports multiple subtitles.
ARTIST and SUBARTIST
- Supports multiple subartists.
Not supported (in the future, it will display as fake note).
- Supports OGG, M4A, MP3, WAV samples.
- Polyphony of #WAV is 1, consistent with major BMS implementations.
- However, it does not apply to sounds played when player hits the
button without note (freestyle sound).
- Sound of the nearby note will play with no polyphony limit.
- If player gets OFFBEAT (bad) judgment, the sound will play in wrong pitch.
- Only #RANDOM, #IF, #ENDIF in original specification are supported. However, they can be nested (nesting level can be ended with #ENDRANDOM).